Monday, October 6, 2008

"CHINOT."-Beck Mortensen

Well... we are here in Monroe what seems like a world away from Ky. I guess that is because... it is. After months of drooling over the Olympic coverage(on the new flat screen we had to buy especially for the occasion) and books and DVDs and ABC specials on China, he is finally on the plane. We took him to the airport Sunday morning. The boys did much better than I did! In fact I was the only one who cried, I think I would have been ok if he was at least remaining in the Continental US. I even let the dog sleep in bed with me last night, because I was so sad. The drive to Monroe was...a journey? 2 boys, 2 car seats, 2 backpacks, 2 kids rolling suitcases, 2 packages of extra diapers and diaper bag to put them in, my suitcase, a snack bag, the stroller, the computer bag, a 20lb bag of dog food, a "Doggie Bag" full of dog supplies and did I mention a 50+ lb Finn in the front seat all in a VW Passat. It was tight to say the least, but not too bad...this two kids thing is getting easier everyday! I admire those of you who pull this multiple kid thing off with out a hitch! We are going to try to have as much fun as possible while we are here. Yesterday, Beck got to buy an ice cream sandwich from a real ice cream truck! We have never been able to catch an ice cream truck in BR! And it was only $1...what can you get for$1 anymore! We are going to eat tons of Johnny's pizza and watch movies with friends and probably go to the Zoo and a few other special places. I felt a little sad yesterday that Ky missed getting to see beck buy ice cream from the truck and found myself wishing I had the "good camera" to capture it for him, it is just not the same without him here to share things with. That might be because he gets such a kick out of the little things like that. We will certainly miss our best friend, how come you can never totally appreciate someone untill they are across an ocean.

I agree with Beck..."Chi..not"

2 comments:

Naticia said...

Ok, is this why not? or he not? I'm not as up to date on Beckese as I am on Shelbyese. Isn't it great how being a mom makes all of kid stuff like ice cream trucks and running through the sprinkler even more exciting than it was when we did it ourselves? I love it.

Tori Mortensen said...

Chinot...is how Beck says China!