Saturday, September 27, 2008

LIFE!




LIFE...sometimes I want to freeze it and put it in the "far" back corner of a deep freeze connected to a generator just so there is no way anything can screw it up! Other times, unfortunatly (most of the time) I am wishing these boys into bike riding, boy scouts and Bowl Games. Why do we insist on saying...when the kids are out of diapers or in school or when we save alot of money or when we get a bigger, better whatever. Most of us live from New Years to Valentine's to Mardi Gras to Birthday to Summer and so on! Why can't we live for breakfast today and "bath" tonight.

I can say that I am trying my best to soak up every HOUR with my newborn his amazing two year old brother and their incredible Dad! I catch myself smelling this little baby with my eyes closed, just to be sure my sense of smell is perfectly focused on his little new baby head smell. I spent a little longer in the bath tub with Beck last night and stayed up late to watch football with Ky two nights in a row even though I should have gone straight to sleep as soon as the little rugrats went to bed.

So these pictures are my attempt to flash freeze my family...if I close my eyes really, super, extra tight I can see the PRESENT instead of the future!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh Victoria - the pictures are BEAUTIFUL! They made me tear up and then when I read what you wrote, the tears spilled over! I, too, need to focus on each and every moment because just like you, before long, I will be wanting to give anything to get them back!

Unknown said...

Victoria the pictures are wonderful... yall took all of those?? They are Great!!

You are so right about about enjoying the moment. We get so busy and have so many things to do we forget to just sit back and enjoy life (they are not going to be this age forever)

Naticia said...

Yes I cried when I read your post. Some moments of life are just like that, so perfect you don't even know how to soak up the feeling and so scary that it won't stay. And then there are the moments when they are both screaming at the same time or when your sweet two year old little girl will NOT stop hitting her cousin. I guess we need those moments too or we wouldn't appreciate how sweet they are when they are sleeping or first thing in the morning when I walk in to get Peyton and she smiles up at me with this huge excited expression like she just can't believe I'm here AGAIN to get her!!